TASSIC Forum “Harnessing the power of spatial analytics”
TASSIC held a forum on “Harnessing the power of spatial analytics” on 24 October 2018. The forum heard from five speakers on different aspects of the use of spatial analytics in government and industry.
- Mr Andrew Coote, Director ConsultingWhere UK - “Location analytics – an international perspective”
- Dr Lloyd Klumpp, General Manager, Biosecurity Tasmania – “Biosecurity and spatial data applications”
- Dr Sam Amirebrahimi, Frontier SI - Digital Australia – “Open Data Cube in a Box”
- Mr Paul Digney, Survey Technical Director, Jabobs Australia – “Midland Highway Road Upgrade Program”
- Mr Rob Rowell, Managing Director, Insight GIS – “Case Studies from the Coal Face"
Below are links to the above speaker's presentations.
Issues arising from these presentations were discussed in an open session at the conclusion of the forum. Areas of priority for examination of the use of spatial analytics included agriculture, health and human services and infrastructure.
There was interest in the Data Cube. TASSIC will organise a follow up technical workshop on the use and application of the data cube in February 2019.
TASSIC will hold a meeting and contribute to the Tasmanian Agricultural Productivity Group expo on 17 April 2019 at the Hagley Farm School.
Subsequent forums will be held mid-year in support of a review of the LIST and spatial data services that is to be undertaken by the Department of Primary Industries, Parks, Water and Environment with the assistance of TASSIC.
Advancing location intelligence
TASSIC's 2017-2020 strategic plan for spatial information in Tasmania outlines TASSIC's plan to meet the challenges ahead. Download a copy of the strategic plan to find out more.
The importance of spatially locating underground services
What happens when information about the location of underground services is either inaccurate or simply doesn't exist? This compilation of actual images shows what can happen when the right information isn't available.